Pages

Friday 28 December 2012

I have dodgy noggins, doctor.

Kitchen ceiling down, revealing noggins put up by Stevie Wonder.  Solution: off with them!  Yo ho ho.

 Cut at an angle with a nice Disston D6 saw that's older than my dad and still going strong so I can belt them off with the hammer without them jamming.  Nice arm-burner, this.
All off after a hell of a lot of hard work, and all the 6-inch nails pulled out.  Top Tip: don't pull nails, push them by hammering a slightly smaller nail into the hole to back them out.  Much easier!

Still got a long plank of wood to remove from the back which held the false ceiling, which I can't get to because the beam's in the way.  Answers on a postcard please...

2 comments:

  1. Take it out gradually using a plane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah - I thought I'd move the house to the left a bit so I can get to it!

    ReplyDelete